Saturday, November 26, 2011

I will miss them...

     Today I said goodbye to some of the dearest people I've met here. I didn't cry and hopefully I can hold it together tomorrow when I leave. Packing is done and tomorrow I will go to Ajung Tee's church and then leave Chiang Rai around 2 in the afternoon.
     This last week I've spent most of my time with the people who have been vulnerable enough to befriend me. God's given me the wonderful gift of being able to see their homes and lives outside of their work. I have so much respect for each one of these women. They have sacrificed so much of their wants and needs for their family or for the ministry God has given them. I love them dearly. We have laughed together, been exhausted together, and had some great conversations. I don't want to leave them.
     But, at the same time, I know that my time here is complete and if I would stay I would need to settle into a full-time task. I have seen a broad range of ministries and have started to process through my personal values that will have an impact on my future ministry. Greg and Corinne have been great supervisors and I am so thankful for their guidance!

















     Please pray for me as I travel, adjust to food, continue to process through what I have seen, and as I work. I thank the Lord that He has provided me a job during my month+ at home. He is such a gracious and generous God- giving exactly what we need when we need it. I will continue to post when I get home. I was really busy this past month and don't want to miss the opportunity to share with you all about specific ministries I visited! Thank you all for the prayers. That is the main thing any ministry or friend has asked for- a gift at no cost except a little bit of our time! Thank you for your generosity!






1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures dear girl, and can't wait to see you in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete